I can't believe Christmas is over! I never again want to move during the holidays and I swear, if one more person makes a comment to me about moving this time a year I ask that I not be held responsible for going postal. WE DID NOT CHOOSE TO MOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR! Yeah, we could have waited until January but really would not have been any better off. We did manage to get our Christmas tree up and quite a bit of holiday decorations. Randy and I even hung lights, garlands and bows out front. Yes, we are still up to our pits in moving boxes but when you have little ones, you can't exactly put Christmas on hold. I told Randy on Christmas eve that #1, no one will ever appreciate what I did since moving here to make it all happen, and #2, if we didn't have kids we probably would not have even had a tree! But we did the whole thing and now I'm ready to take it all down so I can get the rest of our house in order. I'll probably start this week.
My mom is on her way down to spend the week with us, but I'm not sure she's going to make it. She decided to drive because she is bringing Jack with her, her little Shih Tzu who is extremely attached to her. I spoke to her this morning though and found out she had just blown out two tires on her car. Later we found out the rims had been destroyed and the only place to get them is the Volvo dealership...which, of course, is not open on Sundays. So, she and little Jack went to a hotel and will deal with her car in the morning. I think this is a sign from God that she shouldn't be coming for whatever reason and that when her car is fixed she should turn around and go home. As much as I'm looking forward to her visit, I would rather she be safe, go home, and try to come in between the girls' birthdays when pops can come with her.
I did manage to get the spare room unpacked today and even made the bed in there! YEAH!!! So, with Emily's room done (although already trashed by her and Grace) I now have 2 rooms done, 7 to go...not counting the 3 bathrooms. So tomorrow brings more of the same...unpacking, unpacking and unpacking!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




What a relief to be there though right? I always hate the packing and moving part but the unpacking is OK because I can take my time and the move is already done. Anyway, if it makes you feel better, my friend from Az moved over Christmas to Southern Cal so you werent alone. Sometimes timing is what it is and you have to make do. Sounds like you did pretty damn good considering and I hope that at least Randy appreciates it! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas in spite of the craziness! Happy New YEar
ReplyDeleteThanks V! Yes, the unpacking is definitely more fun than the packing and moving, especially this time since we bought this house and I can literally do anything I want to with it! It's a slow process but I'm getting there, little bit by little bit. We did have a great Christmas though, thrown together amazingly well! I hope yours was just as awesome!
ReplyDelete