Saturday, January 31, 2009

Grace...

I had to run up to the grocery store tonight to pick up some blueberries and french fries. The french fries were for supper tonight, the blueberries for making muffins with Emily in the morning. Anyway, Emily went with me and Grace stayed home with daddy. Later in the evening Randy told me about a conversation he had with Grace that went something like this...

"Daddy, I can fight like a boy," said Grace with her arms up by her shoulders in a boxing stance."

"You can?" asked daddy while Grace tried taking a few jabs at daddy. He put his hand on her head, keeping her an arm's distance away and let her swing until her little heart's content.

"Yeah daddy, see?"

"Well bug (a shortened version of our nickname for her, Bugaboo), daddy doesn't want you fighting at all. Mommy and daddy don't want you hitting anyone."

"But daddy, if someone gets up in my face," she replied with the flat side of her hand right in front of her face, "I'm gonna knock the shit out of him!"

"Bug," said daddy, trying as hard as possible to keep a straight face and not burst out laughing in front of her, "what did you say?"

"If someone gets in my face, I'm gonna knock the shit out of him!"

Of course Randy addressed the inappropriate language, still trying to keep from laughing! The funny thing was, less than an hour later after Emily and I came home, Emily got in her face and Grace calmly grabbed the plastic caddy she was playing with and hit Em in the chin with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment