Wednesday, February 25, 2009
My high school reunion...
I'm not sure how it happened, but I ended up being on the 'committee' that is organizing my 20th high school reunion. At first it was just supposed to be 'helping out' here and there - after all, how much can I really do being in Florida and the reunion is in Illinois? Well, apparently A LOT! I've had the joy of reconnecting with SO MANY PEOPLE from my class! Up until about 2-1/2 years ago, the only person I've kept in touch with since I graduated was my dear best friend Laura. We've known each other since kindergarten. In the past couple of months though I've come in contact with about 25 more. That's pretty good since there were only 65 in our graduating class! So anyway, with Tammy Stroup Monier and Lauri Ramsey, I'm helping plan our reunion. For the past several nights I've been trying to get manila envelopes and invitation envelopes addressed...talk about hand cramps! Next up is to print out our little 'newsletter' to include with the invites telling about what's going on during our time together and about our family picnic and print the RSVP cards but I'm waiting on some more detail before I do that. Lauri had the wonderful idea about creating a memory book so she developed a questionnaire that will go in the manila envelope as well. She'll take that data when they are sent back and create a digital version for me to take to Kinko's and have published. I'm really excited about it! I'm actually really looking forward to going back to Henry. I haven't been there since Laura's wedding in '94. Henry always has a big 4th of July celebration with a carnival in town, the large parade and a huge fireworks display over the river. So, we thought we'd take advantage of that and hold our reunion that same weekend. I'm excited to take Randy and the girls back so they can see what a 'real' small town looks like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment