
Well, she did it! Emily is a Star Student at Lake Joy Primary School! YEAH! When the bus pulled up in front of the house after school today, I saw the sign before I saw her and my first thought was 'Oh no, another Star Student among her friends but not her.' Emily has not had the best week at school having had her behavior card pulled to orange on Monday. She was grounded by daddy for two days with no tv or friends and told that if her card gets pulled again this week, even to yellow (which is the first color) then she doesn't get to go trick-or-treating on Friday. Apparently he made quite the impression on her because she's been great the past couple of days and the smile on her face when she got off the bus was priceless! When she saw me she started yelling 'mama! mama! I was on green today!' Now we have a sign in our front yard next to the oak tree that says a Star Student lives here! I have to admit, I'm pretty proud! We just got off the phone from calling daddy - he's in Tampa - and I must say, it was nice to be able to call him at work and tell him something positive for a change!!!
Yeah! Emily! You go girl!
ReplyDelete