So what have the Andersons been up to? School is in full swing, Emily's doing very well in the first grade and Grace is loving being in school 5 mornings a week...and so is mama!!! Emily is reading at a very good level and Grace is learning her letters and numbers. Emily is struggling a little with math which is very frustrating for me since that is my favorite subject. I admittedly get impatient with her when she struggles with her subtraction problems, but I'm trying not to.
Randy is still struggling with issues at work but is determined to get them fixed. We're both anxiously awaiting his annual eval this next week, especially since learning that his predecessor left the position as a result of it. Randy's done a lot more than him, and I'm hoping his boss is aware of the results the last time he gave someone in this position their annual...but still, we're anxiously awaiting.
I spent one entire day this last week with some help cleaning out our entire garage. I'm pleased to say that now, not only can you walk through it without tripping and falling, but I can park in it as well! I did it on one of my days off from the gym this week but I still got a good workout...lol!
I've been hitting the gym pretty regularly, taking a tread-n-shed class 1 morning a week and a spinning class 3 mornings a week with some weights thrown in. Several weeks ago I finished weaning myself off of all the medications I was taking for my neck. I tired of being looped all the time, being tired all the time, dealing with all the side-effects. So I'm going to work on building up my muscle strength that I've lost and hope to be able to stay off the medications. We'll see how it goes. I'm also working on trying to lose 50 pounds. One of my Moms Like Me friends has become my gym-buddy...it certainly helps to stay motivated when you have someone going with you.
I dragged out all of the Fall and Halloween decorations and got the house and front of the house decorated. Randy's already said that even though we won't be here for Christmas, he wants me to put up a tree...I say we'll see! The girls got their costumes...Grace is going to be a pumpkin and Emily a Latin Dancer. Emily also reminded me that since it's my year to take them Trick-or-Treating, I have to dress up too so I'll be a witch. Fun times. Pictures to follow.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment