Sunday, October 26, 2008

My girls have a twang...

Yep, one of the best things about moving from Georgia is that hopefully both of them will lose the drawl they've grown up with since moving here (or in Grace's case, being born here) almost 4 years ago. I read an old blog I'd started earlier in the year - yes V, I did start one, I just never published it! - and laughed out loud while I remembered the story I wrote about. That night Grace had asked her daddy to 'swang' her and it came out as 'soo-wang me di-ya-dee, soo-wang me!' She's had this drawl since being born, I think it was issued to her in the form of a vaccine or something that didn't work because she even cries with a southern drawl! My mom says that apples don't fall far from the tree and that Randy has a pronounced drawl of his own - I guess I don't notice it as much with him but it is unmistakable in Emily and Grace both. I've been telling Randy since we first noticed it in Emily several years ago that it was time to move, time to get out of here before the damage is irreversible! Maybe we're getting out of here just in time...

2 comments:

  1. Last time I checked, Floridians have a nice little drawl too! Maybe her accent will change a little but she might still be doomed to have one. Personally I think its cute! Southern belle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floridians do not have a drawl since the majority of Floridians are not natives, but insted transplants! Ha Ha! At least it's not as pronounced as 'Gee-yor-jaah!'

    ReplyDelete