Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday...and painting...

For those who know me best, go ahead now and pick your jaws up off the floor because yesterday morning at 3:30 I was in Wal-Mart waiting for the sales to begin. Yes, I know it's hard to believe but due to the fact we are moving I couldn't really do my online shopping that I love so much so I was forced to battle the masses in Wally-world. Why did I pick there, of all places? They had a tv on sale that we wanted for our bedroom...plus I could get everyting else I wanted and needed. So, in the course of 2 short hours I finished the majority of my shopping (actually STARTED and FINISED is more accurate)...as well as purchased the supplies needed to start painting in the house.

Which brings me to my latest project...painting the girls' playroom. I've decided after today, 2 hours of scrubbing till my hands cramped and fingers were sore, not to mention going through 4 Mr. Clean Erasers, Grace is no longer allowed to have colors of any kind...crayons, markers, colored pencils, chalk, you-name-it! All four walls had graffiti, which is why the entire room has to be re-painted. So while Randy is gone to Tennessee - he's not going to Tampa this next week so said he'd take his mom back home this weekend - I've spent the majority of the day scrubbing walls and taping off outlets, switches, windows and doors...but only in the playroom...I still have their room to do! UGH!

As for our holiday, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my mother-in-law, Katie, Efren and Liliana, and our former neighbors and good friends, Lisa and her kids. Randy deep-fried the turkey again, which was absolutely delicious! He even did one for our neighbors! Randy and I spent the night before and most of Thanksgiving day cooking all the food...my grandma's casserole mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, corn, dressing, dirty rice, seafoam salad and my grandma's wonderful pecan pie. Lisa added to that a delicious apple and a delicious pumpkin pie and our cleaning friend even surprised us by stopping by with a pumpkin pie she had made. Everything was delicious, everyone had a wonderful time and we certainly gave thanks for the blessings God has given us this year. We also said goodbye to Efren, who left early Friday morning for another TDY and won't return until after we've moved.

Well, time for me to close and get painting. Now that the 'hard word' is done and everything is taped and covered, painting should go quickly. We all hope that all of you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving. We certainly did...I just really miss not putting up our tree right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment