Friday, November 14, 2008

Now the fun begins...

So now the fun begins. We close on our house in 4 short weeks and I have a lot to do to get ready to move. We are fortunate in that Randy's company is hiring a moving company to come in, pack us up, load up the truck and move it to the new house as well as unload our things and put furniture back together (i.e. the beds and anything else they have to take apart to move). So at least I don't have to do that! I spent today scheduling them...they'll pack on 10 Dec and load up the truck 11 Dec...contacting both girls' schools to let them know we're leaving and to find out what to do to transfer Emily to a new school down there...contacting doctors' offices to request copies of medical records...notifying our property manager that we finally have a date and are leaving...cancelling any appointments I already had sceduled after the 5th of December...whew! It's been quite a day and the battery on my cell phone died from too much use!!! Randy and I hope to be able to get the painting done before household goods are packed, one of several projects to do on the weekends when Randy is home. Both of the girls' rooms need to be re-painted, everything else just needs to be touched up from where we hung pictures on the wall, chairs scraped the wall, etc. The problem is though that there are only 2 weekends when we can really do it together - this weekend, and we're not ready yet, or the weekend before we move. The two weekends in between are going to be spent with me on the road to Tennessee. Randy's mom is coming for the week of Thanksgiving and I need to go pick her up and take her home. Randy would do it but with him travelling back and forth to Tampa every week, the last thing he wants to do is spend more time in the truck travelling. So, I offered to do it. It'll be great having her here, our last holiday in this house. Once we move to Tampa it'll be more difficult to see her for weekend trips like we have since living here.

Well it's late and I need to finish a couple more things before I catch a few hours sleep. It seems as if the work to get ready for a move never ends and sleep suffers as a result. But hey, is anyone ever REALLY ready when it comes time to move???

No comments:

Post a Comment