Monday, November 24, 2008

Time is getting shorter...

...and my list of things to do keeps getting longer! I spent this weekend driving to middle Tennessee to pick up Randy's mom so she can spend this week with us. I woke up in the wee hours of Saturday morning and decided that as long as I was awake I would go ahead and leave early and drive to Nashville and go to a sale I'd been told about that was going on that day. It was a Kelly's Kids warehouse sale and I had no idea what I was in for! I got there about an hour early and realized later that I should have gone to get in line as soon as I got there. There were people in line since 4:30 AM! For those of you who don't know about Kelly's Kids, there clothes are absolutely adorable but very expensive so when they have a sale where they are selling all tops and bottoms for $9.99 (regularly priced $28 to $42 EACH) and dresses, longalls and dress coats for $14.99 (regularly priced $48 to $65 EACH), a lot of people tend to show up. I talked with some ladies in line who told horror stories of other Kelly's Kids sales they had been to where some people went in and just grabbed entire racks of clothes! A lot of people go and resell the stuff on eBay. By the time the door opened I was hoping to get lucky enough to get an outfit for each of the girls. Well, ten minutes after walking in I was walking out having found a few things for Emily, Grace and even a complete outfit for Liliana. I estimated that I saved approximately 75%! Then it was on to my mother-in-law's where I spent the night before returning with her the next day. Randy had dinner ready for everyone and I crashed early! Today was spent at the doctor's...my last regular appointment with my pain management doctor, my only other appointment with him being next week for trigger point injections. After that we had lunch with Randy and then Judy, Emily, Grace and I decided to brave Wal-Mart and get as much of our Thanksgiving grocery shopping done as we could. We came home and shortly after Katie came by and treated her grandma to a pedicure. When they came back Efren and Liliana were with them and stayed for dinner. Tomorrow is another doctor appointment and then Randy and I have an appointment to get our wills done. He just informed me though that he has a phone conference with his boss at 2...in the middle of our appointment. He's known about this appointment for two weeks and I asked him if he could adjust the time of his phone call but I'm not holding my breath. We've said since we moved here that we would get our wills updated (they haven't been done since right after we got married) and we haven't, now Randy says he wants to wait until after we move...but I know it won't happen anymore than it happened after we moved here. Oh well, I'm still going to get mine done. Everyone will probably be here again tomorrow night for dinner. Wednesday Randy is making gumbo and then we'll start cooking everything we can ahead of time for Thursday.

Sometime this week I want to start on the painting that has to be done. We're not painting the whole house, don't feel we should have to after having lived here 4 years, but both of the girls' rooms need to be done and their bathroom in order to cover up the evidence from them coloring on the walls in each of those rooms! I still need to pull out all of the holiday decorations in the crawl space upstairs and move them into the garage (we're moving them in the u-haul so we have them immediately when we get down there). Randy still needs to empty the shed and bring everything up to the garage as well. He did tell me today that in addition to not working all of this week, he's not going to Tampa next week but instead work out of the Tampa office so he'll be here to help get done what needs to be finished before the move. The week we are moving he'll be going down on Monday though...I'll be here when the packers come Wednesday and Thursday...he'll be there for the closing on Friday...and I'll clear us out of here on Saturday and head down with the girls.

So instead of staying on here blogging, I'd better get off and see what I can get done tonight. There are always boxes to go through and clean out! Hey, I just realized that since Randy isn't going to Tampa next week, maybe he'll take his mom back on Saturday. That's going to be a quick turnaround trip though...there and back same day, about 12 hours drive time. There's just too much still to do to be away two days again.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. i'm thinking about you guys (and dreading our turn at moving in April)! keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete